BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] question about backuppc topdir

2016-09-13 18:43:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] question about backuppc topdir
From: Stefan Peter <s_peter AT swissonline DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 00:24:27 +0200
Dear Juan Manuel,

On 13.09.2016 16:57, Juan Manuel wrote:

> Hello we have a backuppc server and work perflectly, but it near to disk
> full.
>
> So it is posible to add another resource/filesystem that to use
> backuppc, another TopDir ?
>
> We dont have more disk space on the same disk, but we can add another disks.
>
> The resource (TopDir) /backuppc is actually in a logical volume LVM. We
> try to find a solution that not imply using expanding logical volume
> with other physical volume on LVM.

Why don't you want to expand the LVM volume? The ability to expand,
shrink, migrate and taking snap shoots are the only valid reason to use
LVM, IMHO. And all these operations are more or less painless (I just
migrated a 12TByte BackupPC volume from an old raid to a new one, which
is possible without even unmounting the volume!).

You can find more information about LVM at
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/
by the way.

With kind regards

Stefan Peter