BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Deleted host in reports

2016-08-07 15:55:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Deleted host in reports
From: Kenneth Porter <shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 12:54:49 -0700
--On Tuesday, August 02, 2016 11:58 AM -0700 Kenneth Porter
<shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com> wrote:

> I created a host, tried one backup (which failed), then decided to delete
> the host. It's no longer in the hosts list. Yet it keeps showing up in
> the  failed backups email I get, and it's listed in the queue of backups
> to do.  Running BackupPC-3.3.0-2.el6.x86_64 on Centos 6. I'm removing the
> directory  /var/lib/BackupPC/<hostname> to see if that fixes it. That
> directory  contained only files LOCK, LOG.072016, and XferLOG.bad.z.

I manually removed the per-host file in the config pc subdirectory, but I'm
still seeing the error in the nightly email. I suspect the server isn't
re-reading the updated config that lacks the obsolete host.

I'll try restarting the server (interrupting current backups) to see if
forcing reloading the config will make it go away.