BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] merge incrementals with full

2016-07-15 15:40:34
Subject: [BackupPC-users] merge incrementals with full
From: cardiganimpatience <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 12:39:58 -0700
To relieve the impact of backing up hundreds of gigabytes in a short time, I
added several larger folders to the exclude list for a share. Then each day I
would remove a couple from the exclude list to add more data to the backup.

What's happening is that backup #12 is trying to go back to incremental #5
(which is the level 1 incremental.) I added many folders in-between incremental
#5 and incremental #10, and if I could get it to use a higher incremental, like
#7 I think it would include those large files already in the pool.

Backup schedules are set to the defaults except for FullKeepCnt, which is set
to the example value of: 4, 2, 3.

See pastebin for a snippet from the log:
http://pastebin.com/Aw9zf3pD