BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Status on new BackupPC v4

2016-04-22 07:29:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Status on new BackupPC v4
From: Michael Schumacher <michael.schumacher AT pamas DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 13:15:32 +0200
Hi Sorin,

Friday, April 22, 2016, 11:53:27 AM, you wrote:

SS> I'm just looking ahead and mulling over what to do whenever, and if, e.g.
SS> CentOS 6/7/8+ stops BPC from working because of missing libs and/or other
SS> dependencies.

Some weeks ago, I installed BackupPC on a Banana Pi based on a Centos7
OS environment. The support for that ARM-platform is still very
basic, but even if the EPEL-repo is not available, I managed to get all
necessary perl components installed. Partly by building them with CPAN
or from rebuilding RPMs from source. It took me about two evenings to
collect all bits and pieces.

You never know what happens in the future, but so far, I do not see
any trouble within the next 8 years at least. This would be the EOL
date for CentOS7.

Good enough?

 best regards
---
Michael Schumacher
PAMAS Partikelmess- und Analysesysteme GmbH
Dieselstr.10, D-71277 Rutesheim
Tel +49-7152-99630
Fax +49-7152-996333
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Schreck