BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Status on new BackupPC v4

2016-04-22 03:31:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Status on new BackupPC v4
From: Mauro Condarelli <mc5686 AT mclink DOT it>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, Sorin.Srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:30:10 +0200
Sad news.
My personal opinion is the Project is effectively dead because none
(interested) has write access to the official repositories.
There are several clones floating around (several on github, including a
semi-official one), but without a central aggregation point there's no way this
can evolve somehow.
I know very well this is provocation and I would like very much to be proved
wrong, but no update in three years is deep coma, if not death.
I already asked for someone of the knowledgeable persons (there are several
here on the list) to take the lead.
I got a resounding silence as an answer.

Sadly
Mauro