BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem backup smb through DNS name

2016-01-26 10:31:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem backup smb through DNS name
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 09:31:21 -0600
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 9:10 AM, David Rotger <davidrotger AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> It's strange, because l've an exact server with the same distro and with
> these server works. Nevertheless with the aliases work. I d'ont understand
> the syntax that you explain. With version 2 of samba I can mount the share,
> but with the 3 I can't.

I don't understand the problem exactly, but you can probably see the
error better if you connect manually with smbclient.   It may say
something about the name requested not being present.

When you add hosts in the web interface you can give the new host name
as new=old where old is an existing host name and new is the one you
are adding.  Doing that will copy all of the settings specific to the
existing host (xfer method, shares, etc.)   I mentioned it because
ClientNameAlias is one of the settings that will be cloned if it has
been set and it is obviously necessary to manually change it to hit
the right machine.