BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Any news on retransmitting data already in the pool

2015-09-16 11:59:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Any news on retransmitting data already in the pool
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 01:57:39 +1000
On 14/09/15 22:17, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> having been hit yet again and unexpectedly by the fact that BackupPC
> transfers all files' data just to figure out whether the file is
> already in the pool, I found an old mail of mine to this list from
> five years ago
>

> http://sourceforge.net/p/backuppc/mailman/backuppc-users/thread/20100828151845.GB12286
>  AT fishbowl.rw.madduck DOT net/#msg26045935
>
> I am wondering if there's been any progress made towards improving
> this in version 4.0? If not, what's missing?

You can also use Backuppc 4 alpha, which has that feature (the main
reason I'm using it, since it is "standard practice" for a number of
servers to copy photos to the server, then import (copy) the photo into
some database (dumped into a single folder) and then also make another
copy for "backup/just in case). So I end up with a large number of
images (per day) being added, with 2 or 4 identical copied on the same
server.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Adam