BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Any news on retransmitting data already in the pool

2015-09-14 08:36:48
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Any news on retransmitting data already in the pool
From: martin f krafft <madduck AT madduck DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 14:17:28 +0200
Hey folks,

having been hit yet again and unexpectedly by the fact that BackupPC
transfers all files' data just to figure out whether the file is
already in the pool, I found an old mail of mine to this list from
five years ago

http://sourceforge.net/p/backuppc/mailman/backuppc-users/thread/20100828151845.GB12286
 AT fishbowl.rw.madduck DOT net/#msg26045935

I am wondering if there's been any progress made towards improving
this in version 4.0? If not, what's missing?

Thanks,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"the difference between genius and stupidity
 is that genius has it's limits."
                                                    -- albert einstein

spamtraps: madduck.bogus AT madduck DOT net