BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Digest::MD5 vs md5sum

2015-09-15 16:33:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Digest::MD5 vs md5sum
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: gregrwm <backuppc-users AT whitleymott DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 22:08:03 +0200
Hi,

gregrwm wrote on 2015-09-15 14:08:20 -0500 [[BackupPC-users] Digest::MD5 vs
md5sum]:
> the following commands demonstrate that either Digest::MD5 and gnu md5sum
> are not compatible, or that i haven't got the backuppc md5 formula quite
> right.  can anyone set me straight?

probably not, considering your obfuscated bash code. Where did you get the
idea to 4b $s? You might try echo -n ning it instead. Not that I'd tried it or
would feel inclined to do so. Actually, I have to admit that I just *did* try
it.

Hope that helps. Not sure what you are actually trying to do, though.

Regards,
Holger