BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Can`t Change {TopDir} Location . .

2015-09-16 13:27:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Can`t Change {TopDir} Location . .
From: tdevoye <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 05:16:34 -0700
Hello guys,

[root@]# /etc/init.d/backuppc restart
Shutting down BackupPC:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting BackupPC:                                         [  OK  ]
BackupPC: WARNING:  Your BackupPC $Conf{TopDir} is not listed in the locate
BackupPC: database configuration's PRUNEPATHS.  This may cause all of your
BackupPC: backed up files to be indexed!

I have just solve this problem in few steps.

1- look at your files " config.pl " in the " /etc/BackupPC " directory and try
to find the directory completed after " $Conf{TopDir} = " for me it is "
'/var/lib/BackupPC/' ; "

2- paste this path in the file " /etc/updatedb.conf " like this :
RUNEPATHS = "/afs /media /net /sfs /tmp /udev /var/spool/cups /var/spool/squid
/var/tmp /var/lib/BackupPC/ /etc/BackupPC/"

( I have also added the config directory )

3- Save and restart service.

[root@]# /etc/init.d/backuppc restart
Shutting down BackupPC:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting BackupPC:                                         [  OK  ]

It works !

Have a nice day.

Tommy DEVOYE
Network Admin