BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] manual start backup on dhcp laptop

2015-05-19 17:16:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] manual start backup on dhcp laptop
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 16:15:11 -0500
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 2:23 PM, zdravko
<backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> Finally!
> It started once I've put IP into ClientNameAlias and I hardcoded the
> smbclient command.
> At least.

Usually it is the other way around - that is, manually connecting to
the web interface and starting a backup from the dhcp-connected client
will work even if automatic runs can't find it.   I think it tries to
connect to the IP of the web client, at least if nmblookup isn't
finding it.   Is your web browser using a proxy that would make it
appear to be some other address?