BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] manual start backup on dhcp laptop

2015-05-19 12:18:11
Subject: [BackupPC-users] manual start backup on dhcp laptop
From: zdravko <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 09:16:03 -0700
I am not sure I understand this but it doesn't work in my configuration. Server
is on network 192.168.0
while client has IP 192.168.55.1.
I don't see  a way to configure this IP into bakupPC.
When run from browser with dhcp set, backupPC finds wrong IP, that is the
gateway IP: 192.168.0.225 which is a router to VPN netowrk. manual ping to
client works. nmblookup -A 192.168.55.1 get proper response.
If run with dhcp false, then there is no way to set IP address.
Automatic network scanning doesn't work into other networks. Don't know why. It
works if client is on 192.168.0 network, only. And automatic backup works when
dhcp is set. Scanning the network finds my client laptop.
Somehow I can't do nightly backup. Manual backup wouldn't schedule, automatic
works only from my office, during working hours, of course.