BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] lastlog

2014-10-30 16:59:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] lastlog
From: Carl Cravens <ccravens AT excelii DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:57:51 -0500
Why not dump the SQL data live to a text file and back that up?  That's what
mysqldump is for... you can back up everything you need to restore an entire
database without ever taking down the mysql server.  And this makes restores
much simpler... if a developer drops an table by mistake, you don't have to
restore the *entire* database back to a previous checkpoint, you can just
extract the plain-text records needed to recreate that table and its data.

Check the options... the default settings don't capture everything, but with
the right settings you can capture users, permissions etc.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven AT phoenyx DOT net)
A bit of tolerance is worth a megabyte of flaming.