BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] lastlog

2014-10-30 14:48:02
Subject: [BackupPC-users] lastlog
From: "Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TS)[ERC, Inc.]" <mark.moorcroft AT nasa DOT gov>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:46:09 +0000

>Mine 'have' /var/log/lastlog.  Just not the problem with TB+ apparent
>sizes. Do you have a uid of -1  - or very, very large uids?

Every one of my systems list last log at 505GB with a vanilla ³ls² and all
are root:root.

?

>The straightforward approach is to have script on the host that runs
>the mysqldump command so you can use a DumpPreUserCmd like:

>$sshPath -q -x -l root $host /path/to/script.
>and then back up the dump output instead of the live database.  Or if
>downtime is OK you can stop the database, then copy its files.

Thanks, I am now stopping mysql to back up the files. I just restrict the
backup to the time when I have mysql being stopped. I could use the
pre/post commands, but I have enough latitude to be confident about
completion.

Mark Moorcroft
ERC Corp.
650-604-4784