BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using NFS to increase backup speed

2014-10-17 04:05:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using NFS to increase backup speed
From: Sorin Srbu <Sorin.Srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:04:40 +0000

I did some more tests with the suggested ciphers:

[root@cyndane ~]# yes | pv | ssh titan -c aes128-ctr "cat > /dev/null"
0:00:10 [14.2MiB/s]

[root@cyndane ~]# yes | pv | ssh titan -c aes128-cbc "cat > /dev/null"
0:00:28 [  23MiB/s]

[root@cyndane ~]# yes | pv | ssh titan -c arcfour "cat > /dev/null"
0:00:20 [30.9MiB/s]

It would seem arcfour would be the better choice for my setup.

Thanks again for the pointers all!

--
//Sorin