BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using NFS to increase backup speed

2014-10-17 03:49:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using NFS to increase backup speed
From: Sorin Srbu <Sorin.Srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 07:47:51 +0000

Disabling compression in sshd_config didn't do much, maybe .1-.2 MiB increase.

However using arcfour did produce a significant increase as seen below.

[root@cyndane ~]# yes | pv | ssh titan -c arcfour "cat > /dev/null"
 389MiB 0:00:23 [20.8MiB/s]

I'll add arcfour to the ssh-arg path in BPC and see how things pan out.

Thanks for the pointers guys!

--
//Sorin