BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] off-site storage

2014-08-15 00:33:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] off-site storage
From: John Sellens <jsellens AT syonex DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 00:15:37 -0400
On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 01:18:07PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
| > Or, do you mean to set up a BackupPC server in the cloud?
|
| Yes, a complete off-site server is the straightforward approach.

Hmmm - depending on OS and what the remote looks like, I wonder if ZFS
and ZFS snapshots would be a good way to get backuppc offsite?

The initial off-siting could be via local removable drive - put the
snapshot in one big file on the removable, remove it, and carry the disk
to the remote, and restore the snapshot onto the remote machine.

Then incrementals over ssh.

I should try that one of these days.

Hope that's useful - cheers!

John