BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] reinstalling directory-structure after a disk-crash

2014-05-19 06:15:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] reinstalling directory-structure after a disk-crash
From: Alexander Moisseev <moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 14:14:03 +0400
19.05.2014 10:41, Joep L. Blom пишет:
> Hi,
> I'm new to this list.
> I recently had a fatal disk crash whereby my external backup disk was
> unreachable.  I installed a new external disk but backuppc refused to
> run as it didn't have the required directory structure.
> I thought I could reinstall using configure.pl but that isn't there.
> Please can somebody give me detailed instructions how to reinstall the
> directory structure so backuppc can work. I have already upgraded to
> version 3.3.0.

You can recreate the directory structure by hand. There are only 4 directories:

root@backup:/var/db/BackupPC # ls -l /var/db/BackupPC/
total 16
drwxr-x---  18 backuppc  backuppc   512 19 май 03:00 cpool
drwxr-x---  16 backuppc  backuppc  1024 25 апр 16:57 pc
drwxr-x---   2 backuppc  backuppc   512 17 сен  2007 pool
drwxr-x---   2 backuppc  backuppc   512 19 май 03:34 trash

--
Alexander