BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] reinstalling directory-structure after a disk-crash

2014-05-19 02:56:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] reinstalling directory-structure after a disk-crash
From: Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <sharuzzaman AT gmail DOT com>
To: jlblom AT neuroweave DOT nl, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 14:54:35 +0800
Hi Joep,

What I can think of is, do a dummy new installation in a VM.

Then copy the structure into your new disk.

Thanks.

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Joep L. Blom <jlblom AT neuroweave DOT nl> wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to this list.
I recently had a fatal disk crash whereby my external backup disk was
unreachable.  I installed a new external disk but backuppc refused to
run as it didn't have the required directory structure.
I thought I could reinstall using configure.pl but that isn't there.
Please can somebody give me detailed instructions how to reinstall the
directory structure so backuppc can work. I have already upgraded to
version 3.3.0.
I'm running ubuntu 12.04 LTS (as 14.04 LTS is not yet available in the
official repositories.
Thanks in advance,
Joep

--