BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] reinstalling directory-structure after a disk-crash

2014-05-19 05:12:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] reinstalling directory-structure after a disk-crash
From: "Joep L. Blom" <jlblom AT neuroweave DOT nl>
To: Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <sharuzzaman AT gmail DOT com>, jlblom AT neuroweave DOT nl, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 11:11:00 +0200
On 19/05/14 08:54, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan wrote:
> Hi Joep,
>
> What I can think of is, do a dummy new installation in a VM.
>
> Then copy the structure into your new disk.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan

Sharuzzaman,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have worked for many years with VMware as
I needed s virtual environment to run some windows applications which
didn't have Linux replacements. However I was ever so happy that I
didn't need it any more (well actually bought a laptop as I used it seldom).
My question is why isn't there a script to do this as I assume I'm not
the first one who had a disk crash of his backup filesystem. Moreoever I
don't know backuppc sufficiently to be sure that only a new structure
would be sufficient. Do you have experience with that?
Thanks in advance
Joep