BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30)

2014-05-19 06:04:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30)
From: Técnico Ultreia Comuinicaciones <incidencias AT ultreia DOT es>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 11:34:31 +0200
Hi, we have 5 hosts configured at Backup PC, but one of them is giving errors
in rsync.

Here is the fail log:

incr backup started back to 2014-05-15 00:00:00 (backup #13) for directory
backup
Connected to myhost:873, remote version 30
Negotiated protocol version 28
Connected to module backup
Sending args: --server --sender --recursive --links --perms --times --group
--owner --verbose -D --specials --numeric-ids --hard-links --block-size=2048
--checksum-seed=32761 --timeout=300 . .
Checksum caching enabled (checksumSeed = 32761)
Xfer PIDs are now 17528
Remote[1]: rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(137)
[sender=3.0.9]
Read EOF:
Tried again: got 0 bytes
Child is aborting
Parent read EOF from child: fatal error!
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Child exited prematurely)
Backup aborted (Child exited prematurely)

I've tried running the same rsync command from console, but removing --server
and --sender options that are for internal use and don't work from command
line, and it works fine and completed the whole rsync without problems:

rsync --recursive --links --perms --times --group --owner --verbose -D
--specials --numeric-ids --hard-links --block-size=2048 --checksum-seed=32761
--timeout=300 rsync://segcop@myhost/backup

What else can I do to debug this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
--
Jesús Pérez Rey