BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Centralized storage with multiple hard drives

2014-03-19 11:22:33
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Centralized storage with multiple hard drives
From: thorvald <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 03:53:19 -0700
Hi,

I have got a question. I'm going to use a BackupPC as a backup solution. First
of all I need to build some sort of POC but when it will be fine I will need to
backup couple of hundreds servers. I faced some sort of design problem with
BackupPC and would like to ask if there is any way to resolve this issue.

Let's say that the storage is not a problem for me and I can have as many TB or
PT as I need. However the main assumption is that every box has got a separate
"disk" to be backed up to. So now I faced the problem with BackupPC which does
use pool or cpool to store files within :/. I don't need any compression or
deduplication. Is there any way to backup files directly to pc/HOST/ instead ?

I'm not going to backup couple of hundreds servers using one BackupPC instance
of course but I want to back up at least 100 servers per BackupPC instance.

Is there something you could advise me ?

Thank you!

Regards.