BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up windows 7 share, ignore folders not working.

2013-11-22 12:43:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up windows 7 share, ignore folders not working.
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:08:53 -0600
> I think it might have something to do with a bug that exists in samba
> 3.6.3.

I don't know what bug you might be referring to, nor what basis in fact
you might have for this speculation.  This doesn't seem like a likely fix
for an incorrectly specified exclusion in any case.

> I wanted to upgrade to samba 3.6.6, but it appears that ubuintu server
> repositories for 12.04.03 dont have it yet.
>
> anybody know of a repository that has the needed samba version +
> dependancies?

You'll probably have better luck asking on a list that's in any way
specific to Ubuntu, or at least Samba -- you can safely dispense with both
and still successfully run BackupPC.