BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backing up windows 7 share, ignore folders not working.

2013-11-21 13:36:18
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backing up windows 7 share, ignore folders not working.
From: derr12 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:34:41 -0800
Hey guys, due to the sym-links in a windows 7 documents folder my backup is
failing;

create d 755       0/0           0 My Music
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 4340 filesExist, 57366015 sizeExist, 20727265
sizeExistComp, 4341 filesTotal, 57368111 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \\*)
Backup aborted (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \\*)

So I added the following line to $Conf{BackupFilesExclude}

['\My Music', '\My Pictures', '\My Videos'];

The same error occurs.  It appears that the backup is ignoring the exclusion
rule.  Im using the correct string format according to the documentation;
Examples:

   $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = '/temp';
   $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/temp'];     # same as first example
   $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/temp', '/winnt/tmp'];

Any suggestions?