BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] A few questions

2013-08-30 15:47:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] A few questions
From: Marco <listaddr AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 21:46:09 +0200
2013/8/29 Löffler Thomas J. <tjl AT erdw.ethz DOT ch>

Hi Marco,

The following works for me.

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = {‘/Users’}, i.e. backup where the user folders are + to exclude the folders of Admin, Guest by $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} =  {‘*’ => [‘Admin/’,’Guest/’]}.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, but that isn't really what I wanted. I have since discovered that I can get the result I wanted by using --exclude=/* as an argument to rsync, however I'd still be interested to know whether the same can be done using only $Conf{RsyncShareName} and $Conf{BackupFilesExcude}.

(and my other questions still stand, too).

Thanks!