BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore after upgrade advice?

2013-04-28 02:07:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore after upgrade advice?
From: <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 02:05:23 -0400
Steve wrote at about 13:06:18 -0400 on Saturday, April 27, 2013:
 > It's time for an upgrade. I've been putting this off for a long time but my
 > motherboard died and has been replaced so now is as good a time as any.
 > I'm currently running Fedora 12 for which I have a full backup.
 > I'm going to go to CentOS 6.4.
 >
 > Any "gotyas" to be aware of?
 > Any similar experiences anyone would care to share?
 > I hoping it will be as simple as install CentOS, setup BackupPC, and restore
 > my home directories.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Steve

One of these days I will be doing the same thing... I am running
Fedora 12 on an ancient P4 system (almost 11 years old)... I got sick
of the every 6 month Fedora update where it would take the first month
or two just to get it all stable... so I plan to switch to the latest
Centos.

I would love to hear about your experiences -- good, bad, and
gotchas...

Thanks