BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore after upgrade advice?

2013-04-27 18:19:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore after upgrade advice?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 23:17:13 +0100
On 2013-04-27 18:06, Steve wrote:
> It's time for an upgrade. I've been putting this off for a long time but my
> motherboard died and has been replaced so now is as good a time as any.
> I'm currently running Fedora 12 for which I have a full backup.
> I'm going to go to CentOS 6.4.
>
> Any "gotyas" to be aware of?

Is your CPU architecture changing? Do the RHEL packages for BackupPC
include the rrdtool graph patches as in Debian? IE - do you see a pretty
graph showing pool capacity over time on the BackupPC summary page?

If so, beware of the rrdtool architecture dependency. i386 -> amd64
requires exporting the data before and after.

Otherwise, no. Restore /etc/backuppc and /var/lib/backuppc (or wherever you
keep the data), and you should be fine.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures
which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason