BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] shadowmountrsync

2013-02-12 22:19:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] shadowmountrsync
From: Shawn T Perry <shawn AT redmop DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:15:42 -0700
I think that will let go of the connection before rsync is actually setup.

I have a VERY hackish solution, though I would definately like
something cleaner.  I have added a command to find and kill the sshd
it came in on.  It works, but I need to add in an sshd restart every
morning.

        if [ $RETURN -le 0 ] ; then  #No error
                for ((WAIT=1; WAIT <=SHORTTIME; WAIT++)) ; do # Wait
for rsync to set up
                        if [ -e "$RSYNCDPID" ]; then
                                [ -n "$LOG" ] && echo -e "..Rsyncd
started successfully (PID=$(< $RSYNCDPID))...$PASS\n" >> $LOG
->                                ps -s |grep sshd |tail -n 1 | cut
-c-8 | xargs kill -f
                                exit 0 # Exit 0 on success
                        fi
                        sleep 1
                done
                [ -n "$LOG" ] && echo -e "--Rsyncd failed to
start...$PASS\n" >> $LOG
                RETURN=10 # Rsyncd failed to start
        fi
        clean_up # Clean up on failure...