BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] shadowmountrsync

2013-02-06 12:06:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] shadowmountrsync
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:05:16 -0600
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Shawn T Perry <shawn AT redmop DOT com> wrote:
> I've followed all the instructions here
> (http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=User_Scripts_-_Client_-_Windows_VSS),
> and when I don't have the script use VSS, it works fine.  However, when I
> turn it on, it sets up everything, but the ssh link doesn't let go, allowing
> backuppc to continue.  What do I need to provide to get some help getting
> this to work?
>
> backuppc server is ubuntu 12.04 64bit
> Client is Windows 2003 server running cygwin 1.7

Not sure about this specifically or how cygwin handles it, but ssh
normally won't drop a connection until all the file descriptors
(stdin/stdout/stderr) using it have been closed.  Maybe you are
starting some process that stays running in the background but doesn't
close its inherited files - and if you can tell what it is, you can
redirect to /dev/null - and maybe use ssh -n to keep the input side
closed in the first place.