BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc hangs when rsync XferMethod is used for client with openssh-6.0

2013-02-13 10:27:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc hangs when rsync XferMethod is used for client with openssh-6.0
From: Nate Carlson <natecars AT natecarlson DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:09:30 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 16 May 2012, Martin Jansa wrote:
> few days ago I've upgraded my box from openssh-5.9 to openssh-6.0 and
> since then I've seen many hangs from backuppc (actually no full backup
> was completed, e.g. still running after 24hours, usually it finishes in
> ~ 3 hours - 60GB)

<Yeah, reviving old thread>

Side note, I saw a very similar issue when going from 1:5.9p1-5ubuntu1 to
5.9p1 + HPN-13.. interesting.

Took me a few days of occasionally running strace on the rsync processes
before I ran across your post, went 'doh!' as I remembered I upgraded
openssh on the backed-up machine, reverted to regular ssh, and away things
go again.. sigh.  ;)