BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] (somewhat solved) Backing up many small files

2013-02-07 02:16:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] (somewhat solved) Backing up many small files
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 08:15:09 +0100

Output from the client (/home):
User time (seconds): 2.12
Elapsed (wall clock) time (h:mm:ss or m:ss): 10:17.32

Output from the BPC-server (/bak):
User time (seconds): 228.31
Elapsed (wall clock) time (h:mm:ss or m:ss): 14:39:44

According to
<<http://linux.about.com/od/commands/a/Example-Uses-Of-The-Command-Time.htm>>,
the wall clock indicates how long the process run would take. With that in
mind, the backup from the client should take about ten minutes. This is
clearly not so according to the BPC logs.

So how do I interpret the numbers received?

Thanks.

--
/Sorin