BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup PC and off site data?

2013-01-21 11:52:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup PC and off site data?
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:50:04 +0100
Hi,

> I’ve got two different sites and at both I have Backuppc running to
> onsite Ubuntu servers and it works great.
>
> 1.At one site, I'd also like to have a backuppc, use as its data
> folder, a computer at another site that is only available via SSH.
> Possible?
>
> 2.At another site, I'd also like to have a backuppc, use as its data
> folder, one of the public cloud options (Amazon, Drop box, etc). Possible?
>
> Also, in each case, is it possible to have backuppc have more than one
> data directory or do I need to create multiple Backuppc installations?

No, you can't have BackupPC use more than a single /var/lib/BackupPC
directory. And you cannot share a single directory between two BackupPC
(well....thinking again ... with some sort of incredible tweaks this
could work!)

In the end you can use any type of storage (remote, cloud, whatever)
what supports a hardlink feature and is mountable into a Linux file
system tree. Could be slow, though.

Greetings

Christian