BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc slow rsync speeds

2012-09-18 10:59:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc slow rsync speeds
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:58:18 +0100
On 2012-09-18 15:09, Frédéric Massot wrote:
>  From what I've read, the new kernel mount the ext4 filesystem with acl
> and relatime options by default. So for backuppc, add options noacl,
> norelatime and noatime in fstab.
>
> I do not know if noatime implies norelatime?

There is no "norelatime" as far as I know. "noatime" implies "nodiratime",
and it certainly prevents "relatime".

Default mount options are specified in the ext4 filesystem superblock. So
"acl" isn't necessarily on by default. However, I see it is configured on
my filesystem, which used the stock ext4 settings in Ubuntu 12.04:

$ sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1
Default mount options:    user_xattr acl

So you could add noacl to the mount options, or just not worry about it. It
shouldn't make a difference as long as you aren't using ACLs.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Copyright is a bargain, not property. We agreed not to copy because
they agreed it would only be for a short period of time. They have broken