BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc slow rsync speeds

2012-09-18 10:11:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc slow rsync speeds
From: Frédéric Massot <frederic AT juliana-multimedia DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:09:06 +0200
Le 17/09/2012 17:01, Tyler J. Wagner a écrit :
> On 2012-09-17 14:18, Frédéric Massot wrote:
>> Is the relatime option is acceptable to replace atime?
>
> Unless you are using mutt on the BackupPC server, use noatime. There is no
> longer any common use for file access time.

Hi,

 From what I've read, the new kernel mount the ext4 filesystem with acl
and relatime options by default. So for backuppc, add options noacl,
norelatime and noatime in fstab.

I do not know if noatime implies norelatime?

Regards.
|              FRÉDÉRIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic AT juliana-multimedia DOT com   |
| +33.(0)2.97.54.77.94  +33.(0)6.67.19.95.69 |