BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] archive host tar and hardlink problems

2012-06-19 10:48:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] archive host tar and hardlink problems
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:45:32 -0400
Steve Kieu <msh.computing AT gmail DOT com> wrote on 06/19/2012 01:14:46 AM:

> I think the problem is that your rsync module name doesn't match the

> mountpoint.  I don't know if that is even possible for '/'.  But the
> error message still does not make sense to me.

> I can not use /  as rsyncd module name. So I must use something else.
> I would like to emphasize that using rsyncd module is perfectly
> legitimate and good use. The bug needs to be fixed - I will do it
> when I can prioritize my time though ,

I apologize if this is unhelpful (I'm only half following the thread), but I use rsync module names that are (mostly) unrelated to the paths:  ROOT, HOME, etc.  Work perfectly fine, for backup and restore.

Tim Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com