BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Changing $topDir ?

2012-05-14 09:21:23
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Changing $topDir ?
From: Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:20:04 +0100
Dear all,

I've inherited an old 3.0.0 installation running on Ubuntu Hardy and
need to increase the size of my backup device: I want to move my
backup directory from /mnt/data to /mnt/bacon

I have read the instructions here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=Change_archive_directory#Copying_pool_for_change_of_archive_directory

I copied (cp -dpR) the contents of /mnt/data to /mnt/bacon
I have changed the $topdir parameter in /etc/backuppc/config.pl &
/usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm
I have restarted backuppc and apache

non of them have been backed up. I was hoping to see my existing
backups shown, along with an amount of new free space.

The only thing I didn't follow from the instructions was to change the
home directory of backuppc as this was not set at the expected
location of /mnt/data, but instead in /home/backuppc

Have I missed something? All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joseph