BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Change Xfer type from ssh to rsyncd and can not browse backup

2012-05-16 00:24:32
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Change Xfer type from ssh to rsyncd and can not browse backup
From: Steve Kieu <msh.computing AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 14:23:16 +1000
Hello everyone,

I have some host configureed before suing the ssh (rsync over ssh) and the mount point di is   /  (root). It was backing up fine

Now I change to sue rsyncd module, - I created a module named rootfs and path is / in the client. Then form existing host config click edit and change to rsyncd and suing rootfs as rsync share name. All good,  the backup runs fine.

but I no longer to browse to the new run (the old run is still browsable though). The error is:

Error: Can't browse bad directory name /

If I go to the backupc pool , go to the pc/HOSTNAME/RUNNUMBER  and rename the folder named  frootfs   to the same as the other run before which is  f%2f  - I can browse it again.

It does not happen with compltely new host using rsyncd.

How can I fix it - please help.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Steve Kieu