BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Correct rsync parameters for doing incremental transfers of large image-files

2012-05-14 18:22:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Correct rsync parameters for doing incremental transfers of large image-files
From: Andreas Piening <andreas.piening AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 00:20:46 +0200
Hi Les,

using a outdated image for restoring and "manually" copying things over is not an option for me. The Server is a domain-controller with several profiles, running two databases and have proprietary software installed that relies on registry settings and all that silly stuff.

I don't see another chance then using a nightly created image atm and I can live with space-waste, no pooling and heavy IO but I just want this in-file incremental rsync to work as expected because the only thing that breaks it is that I can't transfer 80 GB of data through a DSL50 line every night. This would exceed the time-window I have for the backup.

Thank you anyways,

Andreas