BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Archive question

2012-05-14 08:20:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Archive question
From: Poul Nielsen <poul AT langhuse DOT dk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:19:18 +0200
Den 2012-03-12 02:51, Les Mikesell skrev:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Brad Morgan<b-morgan AT concentric DOT net>
> wrote:
>> I'm trying to setup offsite backups using the archive feature. My testing
>> shows that the backup number is part of the archive file name and that
>> generates a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to.
>>

>> Why do I have to manually create the /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<archive host>
>> directory?
>
> That's not where you would normally put the archive copies.  More
> likely you would want them to go on another machine via an NFS mount,
> or to separate space where you would move to different media later.

No but the <archive>.pc config file and log files goes there :-)

I did see the same problem earlier.

I just tried again and did create a new archive and got the very same
problem.

You have to start the archive BEFORE IT GOES WRONG. You will then get
this message
"Error: Can't open/create /data/BackupPC/pc/archive2/archiveReq.2143.0"
in this case my hostname was "archive2".

It did not help adding "clientNameAlias=localhost".

Creating the directory by hand (as backuppc user) and rerun the archive
job did help.

backuppc@debian:/data/BackupPC/pc$ mkdir archive2

<run archive>

backuppc@debian:/data/BackupPC/pc$ l archive2
total 24
drwxr-xr-x 2 backuppc backuppc 4096 May 14 14:16 ./
drwxr-x--- 8 backuppc backuppc 4096 May 14 14:16 ../
-rw-r----- 1 backuppc www-data  315 May 14 14:16 ArchiveInfo.0
-rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc  579 May 14 14:16 ArchiveLOG.0.z
-rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc   28 May 14 14:16 archives
-rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc    0 May 14 14:16 LOCK