BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] problems on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0

2012-04-11 15:19:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] problems on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0
From: Shang-Lin Chen <schen AT gps.caltech DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:17:41 -0700
> This is not a valid protocol number. I normally get something like
>
> Xfer PIDs are now 8447
> Got remote protocol 30
> Negotiated protocol version 28
> Checksum caching enabled (checksumSeed = 32761)
> Xfer PIDs are now 8447,8680
>
> It seems that your shell does display some additional text after log in.
> This confuses the local rsync that expexts to get connected to the
> remote rsync immediately.
>
> What do you see when you log in to you BPC Server, su to the backuppc
> user and issue an ssh remote-user@remote-server ?

I can ssh to the remote user from the backuppc server without a problem.
I get a shell prompt. When I run the backuppc rsync command
[backuppc@bpcserver ~]$ /usr/bin/ssh -t -t -q -x -l backuppc
remoteserver  /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms
--owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048
--recursive --one-file-system --ignore-times . /home/backuppc/

I get a weird symbol, and it sits there. I think this is the correct
response because the same thing happens when I run the backuppc command
to connect to a different remote server whose backups run successfully.

Shang-Lin

--
Shang-Lin Chen
Southern California Earthquake Data Center (SCEDC)