BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] problems on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0

2012-04-11 03:22:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] problems on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0
From: Stefan Peter <s_peter AT swissonline DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:04:54 +0200
Hi

On 09.04.2012 19:54, Shang-Lin Chen wrote:

> When I look in the last bad XferLog, I see the following:
>
> full backup started for directory / (baseline backup #433)
> Running: /usr/bin/ssh -tt -q -x -l backuppc myhostname sudo /usr/bin/rsync
> --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links
> --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --one-file-system
> --ignore-times . /
> Xfer PIDs are now 15493
> Got remote protocol 1701274484

This is not a valid protocol number. I normally get something like

Xfer PIDs are now 8447
Got remote protocol 30
Negotiated protocol version 28
Checksum caching enabled (checksumSeed = 32761)
Xfer PIDs are now 8447,8680

It seems that your shell does display some additional text after log in.
This confuses the local rsync that expexts to get connected to the
remote rsync immediately.

What do you see when you log in to you BPC Server, su to the backuppc
user and issue an ssh remote-user@remote-server ?

Regards

Stefan Peter

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice there is.