BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Ssh/Rsync transfer fails intermittently

2012-03-03 18:42:42
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Ssh/Rsync transfer fails intermittently
From: Chris Mavrakis <cmavr8 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 01:40:40 +0200
BackupPC works good on my LAN but has problems backing-up a remote server of mine. I'm using rsync over ssh and have increased max ping to 500 because the remote server is far away.

Almost always the transfer is ending after 1h01'or 1h02'. These values in seconds are 3660 and 3720. Maybe they appear in some option...?

If I manually login to this remote ssh server, and leave my terminal untouched for 1h26" I get disconnected. Looks like this is the reason BackupPC gets disconnected, too. Is there any way to simulate the execution of commands inside BackupPC's session?

What I've tried and didn't work:

- ServerAliveInterval=300, ServerAliveInterval=60

- increased PingMaxMsec to 500

- rsync options --timeout and --contimeout set to 20 and 200 seconds (both values tried on both options)

- removing block-size option from rsync

Nothing worked. It usually stops in different files, independently of their size.

More info & logs here.

Thank you!

Chris Mavrakis
cmavrakis.com