BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] 0 byte files

2012-03-03 17:36:14
Subject: [BackupPC-users] 0 byte files
From: Erik Shreve <lists AT erikshreve DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 16:07:09 -0600
I got a notice this morning that none of my machines had ever been
backed up. It looks like backups stopped earlier this week and BackupPC
could no longer see any of the older backups. However, checking the
TopDir location showed plenty of files.

I saw another post that suggested running BackupPC_fixupBackupSummary
for the hosts. I did this and via the web interface I can now see the
previous backups. However, when browsing those backups, if I click on a
file I get a 0 byte file.

Any tips on how to
A) Verify the file data is actually still on the disk.
B) Fix the links so that the file data is downloaded.
C) Troubleshoot what happened to blow away the backups in the first place

Thanks!

Erik