BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Extracting Checksums from Backuppc Quickly?

2012-03-01 09:54:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Extracting Checksums from Backuppc Quickly?
From: Kyle Anderson <andersonkw AT ornl DOT gov>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 09:52:22 -0500
List,
To do audits, I like to get checksums from files and compare them to
make sure that I have files backed up properly.

I've done cli restores piped to md5sums and simply md5sum'ing files
using the fuse filesystem. Both methods are "ok"

But I feel like I'm taking the long way around. Backuppc does have the
md4? checksum already encoded in the pool filename right? Is there a
quick way to go from filename -> checksum using the information backuppc
already "knows" ?

Kyle