BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] different hosts, different schedules, different directories

2012-02-13 17:03:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] different hosts, different schedules, different directories
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: korndoerfer AT crelux DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:01:54 -0500
Ingo P. Korndoerfer wrote at about 13:19:59 +0100 on Monday, February 13, 2012:
 > hello,
 >
 > here comes the next question i could not find answered anywhere. please
 > fee free to just point me to older posts
 > if this has been discussed a 1000 times already ...
 >
 > so i have different directory trees on my host that i originally wanted
 > back-upped with different schedules.
 > it seems that does not really work. well, probably no harm done just
 > backing up everything with the same schedule.
 > although, just in case, if anybody knows how to do this ...

I'm not sure I see or understand the question here. I know English is
not your first language but please try to be a little clearer in
stating what you are really trying to do and what your question is.

 > also ... how do i go about different directory trees on different
 > computers with different schedules.
Again not sure what you mean by schedules. Are you talking about when
backups run or about what gets backed up?

 > so on one computer i may want /home/data backed-up. but on another there
 > is /home/clients.
 >
 > it seems this is possible by going rather unelegantly directly into each
 > hosts config files. is that the way it is done,

Why is this inelegant? It's exactly the purpose of having
host-specific config files so that you can do things (e.g.,
scheduling) differently for different hosts.
 > or is there a way to accomplish this from the web interface ?

I never use the web interface (I find that inelegant :P ) but I'm
pretty sure it is possible