BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] different hosts, different schedules, different directories

2012-02-13 07:22:05
Subject: [BackupPC-users] different hosts, different schedules, different directories
From: "Ingo P. Korndoerfer" <korndoerfer AT crelux DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:19:59 +0100
hello,

here comes the next question i could not find answered anywhere. please
fee free to just point me to older posts
if this has been discussed a 1000 times already ...

so i have different directory trees on my host that i originally wanted
back-upped with different schedules.
it seems that does not really work. well, probably no harm done just
backing up everything with the same schedule.
although, just in case, if anybody knows how to do this ...

also ... how do i go about different directory trees on different
computers with different schedules.

so on one computer i may want /home/data backed-up. but on another there
is /home/clients.

it seems this is possible by going rather unelegantly directly into each
hosts config files. is that the way it is done,
or is there a way to accomplish this from the web interface ?

1000 thanks

ingo