BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] different hosts, different schedules, different directories

2012-02-13 08:43:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] different hosts, different schedules, different directories
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: korndoerfer AT crelux DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 07:42:23 -0600
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Ingo P. Korndoerfer
<korndoerfer AT crelux DOT com> wrote:

> so i have different directory trees on my host that i originally wanted
> back-upped with different schedules.
> it seems that does not really work. well, probably no harm done just
> backing up everything with the same schedule.
> although, just in case, if anybody knows how to do this ...
>
> also ... how do i go about different directory trees on different
> computers with different schedules.
>
> so on one computer i may want /home/data backed-up. but on another there
> is /home/clients.
>
> it seems this is possible by going rather unelegantly directly into each
> hosts config files. is that the way it is done,
> or is there a way to accomplish this from the web interface ?

Yes, in the web interface select the host, 'edit config', and there is
a link for the xfer options.  If  you have groups of machines with
similar settings, after creating the first of a type you can add
others in the web interface with the 'edit hosts' link using the
NEWNAME=OLDNAME syntax to copy the individual settings.