BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC integration with Tarsnap

2012-02-10 16:52:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC integration with Tarsnap
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:50:18 -0600
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Rob Hasselbaum <rob AT hasselbaum DOT net> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

Can you cifs-mount them into the server handling the backups to get semi-direct access?

Had not considered that. Might be a possibility. Ideally, I'd still like to leverage the BackupPC backups because I've already defined what I want to include in there, but that's a good Plan B.

If I were doing it, I'd look at backuppc as the local backup copy and tarsnap or other remote system as the disaster recovery backup that you would only use if the primary system is gone.  Making one depend on the other gives you a single point of failure for both.