BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot log in web browser - BackupPC CentOS 6.2 minimal

2012-02-08 16:15:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot log in web browser - BackupPC CentOS 6.2 minimal
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:14:47 -0600
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Estanislao López Morgan <estanux AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

Finally, my backuppc in CentOS 6.2 is working! I just want to comment what I did in case someone had, have or will have the same problem.

Did you have some particular reason to not install the EPEL respository configuration package and then let yum do all the rest of the work?

I would have done:

 rpm -Uvh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-5.noarch.rpm
 yum install backuppc

And then if I didn't want EPEL enabled all the time, I'd edit /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo and set enabled=0 - but I have never had problems from leaving it enabled during updates when it was the only 3rd party addition.