BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot log in web browser - BackupPC CentOS 6.2 minimal

2012-02-07 15:13:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot log in web browser - BackupPC CentOS 6.2 minimal
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:12:32 -0600
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
wrote:

> I have to admit, the first change I make on BackupPC systems is to set
> SELinux to Permissive.  Too many issues without doing that.
>
> It's on my list to overcome that, but not a real high priority, sadly.

I'm not sure what the differences are between Fedora and RHEL as far
as SELinux, but I know I didn't have to do anything in order to get
the BackuPC web interface working.

I have apache.users in /etc/BackupPC.

In /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf I have:
<Directory       /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin/>
# BackupPC requires valid authentication in order for the web interface to
# function properly.  One can view the web interface without authentication
# though all functionality is disabled.
#
# htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users yourusername
#

order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
allow from 127.0.0.1
allow from ::1
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /etc/BackupPC/apache.users
AuthName "BackupPC"

require valid-user

</Directory>

Alias           /BackupPC/images        /usr/share/BackupPC/html/
ScriptAlias     /BackupPC               /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin/BackupPC_Admin
ScriptAlias     /backuppc               /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin/BackupPC_Admin
---

Maybe this helps?

Richard